Taking place in Andromeda on a planet named Ato-Relictus; taken over, then shortly abandoned by bad scientists, Subject: Relictus is a roguelike action platformer, where players will fight to the top with a wide assortment of characters, enemies, bosses, and items offered within the game. Beat enemies, collect items, and survive to the end, or as long as possible...
Here are some of the main features of this game:
- A selection of characters, also known as 'subjects' to play with and get better with. If you don't like one, play another!
- The select few of stages are randomly chosen each time you start a run! With many styles ranging from a desolate deserts to a sentient forests.
- Randomly spawned enemies allow combat to never be the same, each stage has a set roster of enemies that the game randomly chooses from and spawns the enemies at random locations around the stage.
- All stages are ruled over by a much larger enemy; each boss enemy signifies the end of that stage and is a gatekeeper to the next stage, defeat each boss and their specially designed fight mechanics and intense boss themes!
- The assortment of over 50 items to find and collect are occasionally dropped by defeated enemies. Each item has a different rarity, and effect or function. Find out what all of them do!
- The permadeath feature ensures you are never playing the same life twice, that can get redundant, so when you die, you may restart as a new subject, or the same one then try again and hope for better luck!
- More subjects to play!
- More items to collect!
- More stages to explore!
- More enemies and bosses to fight!
- A set storyline!
- And more! Always more! ;)