- "Slowly Fading into Data" is designed to be played more than once to discover all its hidden secrets, choices, easter eggs, and alternative endings. An intense cinematographic audiovisual experience that pushes your 8-bit perception and puts into test your exploration and philosophical skills.
- This is an unconventional and experimental game. There's plenty of non-standard dynamics. The experience is complex and convoluted. Every movement (or lack of it) has a meaning. Everything is full of visual metaphors. Just explore, don't be afraid. Try to find joy in your research and exploration. This is a contemplative game, so prepare your mind-set for a slow-paced, ethereal, and trippy experience.
- This audiovisual experience uses 8-bit artistic game assets designed and produced using Artificial Intelligence techniques (Machine Learning applied to visual arts). Furthermore, it uses 8-bit procedural music and sound design that experiments with and exploits the sound hardware of this iconic family of consoles.
- EPILEPSY-PHOTOSENSITIVITY WARNING: "Slowly Fading into Data" has a significant amount of flashing content. Therefore, this audiovisual experience is NOT recommended for people with special eye-sensitivity, photosensitivity or other conditions that could trigger some sort of seizures.
- MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES: Some topics treated in the game are deeply philosophical and some are considered sensitive. The project "Slowly Fading into Data" also hopes to increase mental health awareness. Interestingly, there is a validated mental health test inside the game. There are no problems of data rights or confidentiality as all the data is destroyed the moment you exit the game. If you are going through a rough time or are experiencing or facing some personal problems do not hesitate to ask for help.
- WHY IS THERE NO "SAVE" BUTTON? "Slowly Fading into Data" should be experienced in one go. Like a movie. The fact that the game has no SAVE functionality is intentional with artistic purposes. The experience lasts for 1h 20mins approx. But it is definitely recommended to play it more than once to discover all its hidden secrets and alternative endings.
- This artistic project's goal is to challenge standard audiovisual production methods by combining "low-tech" (8-bit retro console) with "high-tech"(Artificial Intelligence and procedural sound design) in gaming technologies.